Week 1 of the One Room Challenge with Apartment Therapy is HERE! I’ve been planning this room for a while now, so I am ready to take action finally and turn this room from “meh” into “wow!” (well, hopefully!) I am seriously so excited.
Want to see the before of this room?
Pretty lackluster right?
This room is the main guest room in the house and became a dumping ground for random furniture we moved with us from our rental townhome into our home. There was never any cohesion, and I put this room on the back burner because other spaces took priority. I dreamed up something big for this room because of the blank slate.
I initially wanted to do some accent wall but had difficulty deciding based on the room’s shape. The angled ceilings really threw me off, which is when it hit me. THE CEILING IS THE “ACCENT WALL!” I saw ChrisLovesJulia transform their daughter, Polly, room at the beginning of 2021 and was blown away by how they wallpapered the ceiling. I never even THOUGHT to do that (you can find my inspiration HERE). Well, here I am about to tackle wallpapering the ceiling. WHO do I think I am! I wallpapered our powder room from the end of 2021 into 2022, so I hope the skills I learned there would translate to this guest room.
Are you ready to see the mood board?!
Design Elements & Links
- Wallpaper – this element decided the whole room. I love this print from Spoonflower
- Paint Color – Cheaspeake Oyster from Hound Paint. IF YOU have not explored Hound Paint – you need too! They are a female owned, delivery paint company based out of Richmond, VA. I’ve had the pleasure of talking to Niki, the founder, and she BLOWS me away with her experience and expertise.
- Ceiling Fan – Is this NOT the prettiest ceiling fan you have ever seen?! This beauty is from Hunter Fans
- Rug – I am a big fan of Loloi Rugs and it only felt fitting that since the design inspiration for this room was from Chris Loves Julia that I get one of their Rosemarie rugs in sage green and blush
- Nightstands – CAN we talk about these West Elm dupes from Walmart?! The price is unbeatable
- Curtains – I have always wanted velvet curtains and how I can put some in my guest room!
- Headboard – This is the current headboard we have in the space. It’s about six years old and from Pier 1
- Table Lamps – Hello I am in LOVE with the LUCIENNE Table Lamps from Blueprint Lighting. I got connected with Blueprint through the One Room Challenge. Blueprint provides handcrafted and customized lighting solutions. Their pieces are sincerely SCROLL STOPPING.